Get Natural Relief from Your Work Injury in Beaverton, OR at True Potential Chiropractic
Injuries at work can create a lot of stress in your life- physical, emotional, and financial. At True Potential Chiropractic in Beaverton, OR, our chiropractor team meets hundreds of hard-working folks every year who are looking for natural ways to recover from their pain and dysfunction, and hopefully avoid the need for invasive procedures and medications.
Common Work Injuries Treated by a Chiropractor in Beaverton
Do you sit a lot at your desk? Do you ever perform heavy lifting or repetitive movements? Do you stand and walk a lot? If so, you're susceptible to various types of work injury, including:
- Tech neck: strain and tension in the neck and upper back due to frequent stooped forward posture (such as what happens when most of us use a phone or laptop); symptoms include neck pain and stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, shoulder pain, and arm numbness
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve in the wrist (often leads to numbness, tingling, and weakness in the thumb and first two to three fingers)
- Back pain: can be "idiopathic" (no known cause) or related to specific occupational hazards or chronic health conditions (e.g., osteoarthritis brought on by "wear and tear")
- Sciatica: compression of a sciatic nerve root in your lumbar spine, often caused by a herniated or bulging disc, narrowed joint space, or muscle spasm
- Plantar fasciitis: inflammation in the underside of your foot (can cause sharp heel pain)
- Whiplash: neck pain syndrome often caused by slips and falls
A variety of factors go into who gets hurt and why: how's your posture? How is your desk set up? How are your techniques and mechanics when you lift objects, hold your phone, type, and so on? How long do you sit? These and other questions should be explored and addressed to help you understand your work injury and how to prevent it.
The Benefits of Seeking Chiropractic Care for Help With Your Work Injury
Seeking chiropractic services for a work injury can help you in several ways:
- Experience drug-free pain relief and improved spinal alignment with chiropractic adjustments
- Achieve physical and mental relief from massage therapy
- Learn exercises to improve strength and stability
Our chiropractors also give practical tips for improving workspace ergonomics, lifting techniques, and more so you can avoid recurring issues which contribute to your work injury.